CREMES Research Mentorship Program
Updated: Sep 10
CSK Research Solutions, under one of its independent branches "CREMES International" has launched a Research Mentorship Program aiming at supporting young people with a passion in developing a career in research. Successful applicants will undergo training in basic research skills and given the opportunity to work as research assistants in research activities under CSK Research Solutions where those demonstrating excellent performance will be offered further training in various research skills to enable them take even more advanced research roles as Junior Research Consultants. Moreover, junior research consultants demonstrating excellent performance will be offered further training opportunities (including scholarships for master’s degree programs in Tanzania based universities) to enable them take even higher and more technical research roles as senior research consultants.
Aims of the Program:
- To offer training in various research skills to newer or less experienced individuals in order to advance their research careers.
- To offer professional tips towards a successful career as a research consultant.
- To facilitate mentees’ access to research job opportunities.
- Each year, the program will also offer a limited number of scholarships to successful mentees for bachelor and master’s degrees relevant for the research field in Tanzania-based universities.
Who Can Apply:
- Any young individual with a passion in developing a career in research.
- At least a Diploma in any relevant field (individuals currently pursuing their diplomas/bachelor’s degrees may be given an opportunity to work as research assistants in assignments that can be done remotely e.g. transcriptions/translations).
- Tanzania national
- Able to speak Swahili fluently
- Currently living and planning on residing in Tanzania for at least the next 5 years.
- Ability to speak English fluently will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity the applicant must submit the following documents:
- A cover letter describing the applicant’s motivation for applying for this opportunity and why he/she should be given a priority during the selection process.
- A most-recently updated CV (including three referees)
- A completed application form (the form can be downloaded under the link below the page)
- The three documents above should be submitted as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered for this opportunity, your application must reach us by noon (12.00hrs) on Friday of Sep 25th, 2020.
- In the email subject line, please write “CREMES Research Mentorship Program”.
- Only applications meeting all the above criteria will be considered.
Message from CREMES Research Mentorship Program Leader "Dr. Catherine Kahabuka"
"For the few years that I have been leading research activities under CSK, I have had an opportunity to work with many talented and highly-committed young people as research assistants, many of whom have worked as data collectors for several years either due to lack of knowledge on how to advance their careers or lack of funds for further training. I have had an opportunity to learn so much in research from working with reputable researchers inside and outside of Tanzania and while I keep learning myself, I also want to support young people with a passion in developing a career in research make their dream a reality. CREMES research mentorship program is all about that".
ALL TRAININGS UNDER THIS PROGRAM ARE OFFERED FREE OF CHARGE